Everything you need to know about South Africa’s leading showjumper Lorette Knowles-Taylor
- Name and surname.
- At what age did you start riding?
- What disciplines do you compete in?
- What are your horses’ names/sex/breed etc?
My open showjumping horses currently are:Nissan Animous – grey imported hannovarian gelding
Nissan Epsom Emma – bay imported oldenburger mare
Nissan Watch Me – bay SA warmblood mare
Nissan Leandros de Semilly – bay imported Selle Francais gelding
Nissan Lassiter – grey imported hannovarian stallion
Nissan Udokes – grey imported KWPN stallion
Nissan Nabab Forever – dark bay imported Belgian warmblood gelding
Nissan Double Vision – chestnut imported warmblood gelding
- How does it feel to be competing in the Nissan Easter Festival
Excited! I have a wonderful string of open horses at present. I have also never won the Nissan Easter SA Outdoor Grand Prix title. So a win or even podium finish would be fantastic!
- Tell us about your training schedule – how many hours a day etc?
Each horse gets exercised everyday. This may include work on the flat, jumping exercises or even jumping snippets of courses.We will work on my and my horses weaknesses. Ttainjng session times depend on eavh horse and what his need is each day in the lead up to a specific show.
- Have you ever thought about the Olympics?
Since I was a little girl! I have always dreamed of showjumping for SA.
- What do you enjoy about riding?
There are lots of things to enjoy. The animal and their individual personalities, getting know their likes and dislikes, their strengths and weaknesses.The forming of a bond with each of my horses. The daily training regimen. The sense of accomplishment when together you overcome a fear or you win a class.I love the rush that a big jumping course gives.
- Can you tell us a little more about the expanding of Farnham stables and this exciting new venture?
Within the next year we hope to expand the livery number to 80 horses, we also hope upgrade and expand our training facilities, also add a Derby arena and training track.