Get in touch with us
to discuss options
Who we are
About Farnham Stables
50 Years of Riding
& Coaching Experience
Farnham Stables is a competitive junior and adult showjumping livery yard with expert showjumping coaching.
We are situated in Chartwell Country Estates, north of Johannesburg.
Our focus is on developing top level competitive showjumping junior and adult riders, as well as the development/production of top quality showjumping horses.
Stabling and Services
- 52 spacious brick stables
- owners live on the property
- family-type environment which encourages team spirit
- individual paddocks for competition horses
- caring, experienced groomsmen & stable manager – most of our staff have been with us 10 years and more
- 2 fibre arenas, maintained daily
- grass arena with fixed derby obstacles
- lunge arena
- canter track
- 3 meals per day
- quality grade roughage ad lib
- no additional lucerne levy
- clubhouse, kitchenette with fridge/freezer and ablutions
- 3 steel-reinforced, alarmed tack rooms
- 2 big trucks that travel to shows locally and nationally
- grooms at shows
- weekly farrier service
- access to expert veterinary & alternative practitioners
- weekly carrot delivery service
- schooling and competitive riding services
What Our Clients Say
Barry Taylor and Lorette Knowles-Taylor are life-savers and sanity-keepers. My horses are my family, and the care we receive at Farnham Stables is unparalleled in any arrangement I have previously known. So too are the Taylor’s understanding and support of all aspects of managing a professional equine operation while simultaneously maintaining a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere.
Great facilities, happy horses, the best staff and the most incredible coaches. Our Farnham Stables family is so very special. My happy place.
Both Barry and Lorette are not only passionate and phenomenal at what they do but have a genuine love and dedication towards every student’s growth. I am honored and blessed to have become a part of the Farnham Stables family.
I first came to Farnham Stables as a scared 1.10m rider, hoping just to see the finish and enjoy the sport again. Several years later, I successfully jumped my first World Cups, Derby and SA Champs. I have also learned horsemanship and management from the very best. In addition, Barry and Lorette have sourced suitable horses and have always been transparent in their dealings with me as a client. I hope to have the privilege to be here to for many years to come and pursue even bigger dreams in the future.
Welcoming family environment with top class facilities and coaching!
You not only learn to ride but learn how to be a horseman from the master himself. I am so lucky to be able to train daily with the BEST!
Welcome to the Farnham family
Meet the Team
Barry, Lorette and now Ashlee are actively involved in the daily dealings of the stable yard, as well as the sales, home training of the horses and competition aspect of the business.
All the staff are hand-picked and have been employed for many years. They are highly skilled equine professionals and care for their animals and also their riders.
Farnham Stables has been privileged to be involved with some loyal and efficient people within their industry – please see our pick of reputable suppliers.